Pages

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Defying stereotypes in the outsiders

Authors note: I wrote this to show how the author of the outsiders makes the characters defy the stereotypes of hoodlums.
 
The book the outsiders was about a group of guys who grew up and lived on the wrong side of town. However they defy the stereotypes of the greasers who everyone thinks are really bad and nasty people but instead they are all nice to each other and are just trying to make a good life with what they have been given. Another way they defy stereotypes is that everyone thinks they would be stupid yet Pony boy is one of the top students. A way that Darry defies the stereotype is that people would think that greasers just steal money but Darry works as hard as everyone else. Sodapop defies the stereotype that no greaser has a soul or heart but Soda tries to understand everyone and help them. Those are some ways the guys defy the stereotypes of greaser and are kind of the exact opposite of the stereotypical greasers in my mind, and if these stereotypes are wrong what about other stereotypes?

3 comments:

  1. I think that my essay deserves a 88 because I have a lot of different vocabulary and I put a lot of my thoughts into it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try to indent a little and just look for errors

    ReplyDelete