Pages

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

parody to “This is Just to Say” by William Carlos Williams

Author's note: this poem is a parody to the poem, Just to say. It is based off of a different version of Rumpelstiltskin

I gave away our first born child, to a tiny man whose name I could not figure out
I know you were hoping to raise this offspring
Forgive me but he offered hay spun into gold and it was so shiny

This parody is about where Rumpelstiltskin actually gets the child from the prince instead of the princess to be. I thought of this at home after make a rope from a product like hay. It was written in the same type of style as the poem, Just to say. The tone is a type of apologetic mocking. The mood is actually sad and happy.

1 comment:

  1. 33< ac thinks the idea of this is very strange but she thinks you did do a great job

    ReplyDelete